Internet buffs use Instagram to share their photos and videos. Instagram offers an excellent opportunity to online businesses. However, most businesses are still to use it; consequently, they miss a huge opportunity. Instagram is a sure fire way to take your business to the next level.
- Instagram has more than 500 million monthly active users.
- Mike Krieger is the CTO and co-founder of Instagram.
- Instagram counted 77.6 million users in the US in 2015.
- 6% of the US population used Instagram in 2015.
- Adding a location to posts results in 79% higher engagement.
Here are a few tips and techniques to use Instagram:
- Use hashtags – Use hashtags to get instant exposure. Hashtags will not only categorize your images, but also make them visible in Instagram searches, which will increase your brand’s visibility.
- Complete your profile – Always create your profile in a professional manner.
- Improve the quality of your images –High quality images are bound to attract viewers.
- Focus on the entire post –focusing only on images is a big mistake. You must focus on your entire post to make it much more effective.
- Use image processing tools or filters or editing tools – You can use Retrica, VSCOcam, Snapseed, Aviary, Squarer or such other tools if you want to make your images much more professional. Instagram has two organic apps also: “Hyperlapse” and “Layout”; so, use them.
- Join relevant community – In order to grow seamlessly, you need to join communities of your interest. You can also build your own community to expand your network.
- Connect all your social accounts – To take the maximum advantage, connect all your social accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and Flickr). This will help you to share your photos across all platforms.
- Hashtags are the best to promote your business on Instagram, so choose the right tags.
- Understand the rules and culture of Instagram before using it.
- Find people to follow.
- Like a photo or video on Instagram regularly.
- Instagram is an image-based social platform, so share quality images.
- Make sure that your images have an identifiable niche or style to improve your visibility.
- Now it is possible to manage multiple accounts on Instagram.
Instagram is a captivating social platform, you must use it to improve your customer base and improve your brand image.