Online reputation is an invaluable asset to any company. It takes years to build a positive reputation and seconds to damage it. Online businesses always try to keep their image untarnished in order to stay ahead of their competitors. They perform every possible activity (online and offline) to maintain their image. However, it is certainly difficult for businesses to remain unblemished all the time. At some point of time, they often have to face anger and frustration of their customers. Therefore, it is important for businesses to protect their online reputation.
Here are a few online reputation management tips for online businesses:
- Your presence – It is important to create an authentic and fully furnished profile on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and other sites. You need to stay active all the time and share valuable information for your customers.
- Never ignore social media accounts – You need to be proactive. You should use various types of customer engagement techniques. This will improve your brand image and helps customers to directly interact with you.
- Focus on your products and services – You need to promote your products and services as well as create stories around them for better user engagement. You must share your website, blogs or any other online resources.
- Show your authorship – Wherever possible show your authorship to gain significant advantages.
- Listen to your customers – Always handle negative feedback cautiously. Try to provide creative and quick solutions.
- Never initiate arguments – It is unprofessional to argue with your customers. You must respond professionally and politely, if the situation demands use offline media channels.
- Invest time and money – To protect your online image, you must invest extra time and money in registering your online presence. This will build confidence amongst your existing customers and attract new customers.
- Provide social proof – Use clients’ and partners’ logos to build your brand and create trust amongst your customers.
- Create helpful content – Aim to publish useful content resources that show the benefit of your products or services without using sale pitch.
You can also use powerful online marketing and SEO strategies to handle the situation. You must talk to the online reputation management professionals to resolve the problem and build an untarnished reputation on the web.
Online landscape is full of scope and complexities, try to explore the scope and reduce the complexities by establishing your brand in a distinctive manner.
- 65% of Internet users see online search as the most trusted source of information about people and companies.
- 79% of consumers place equal weight on both online reviews and personal recommendations.
- 85% of consumers research online before purchasing.