Most e-commerce websites struggle to gain top rankings on the search engines because they fail to formulate effective SEO strategies. It’s a fact that SEO can easily improve the visibility of an e-commerce store. Therefore, it is important for e-commerce stores to follow the guidelines and the best practices of SEO to gain top rankings.
Here are a few SEO tips for e-commerce stores:
- Always create unique product descriptions – Generally E-commerce stores use manufacturers’ product descriptions, which is not a good SEO practice because search engines treat them as a duplicate content. Therefore, write unique and attractive product descriptions on your product pages.
- Use long-tail keywords – You should always use long-tail keywords on your product pages to attract the maximum number of customers. More often than not, people who search long-tail keywords will definitely come to your website.
- Integrate customer reviews – You should incorporate customer reviews on your product pages to turn visitors into customers. Reviews encourage and compel the customers to take decisions.
- Make navigation simple – E-commerce stores should not have complex navigation and website structure; so always try to make it simple and easy to navigate. Organize your products into separate categories for making them understandable and search friendly.
- Optimize page load speed – E-commerce stores load very slowly, which deter customers. Always optimize the page load speed of every page for fast conversions.
- Always integrate social media on product pages – Social Media buttons significantly improve product page’s authority as well as relevance. This will also allow your customers to share your product information with their friends.
- Add title and meta descriptions – It is important to write titles and meta descriptions for each page of an e-commerce store. This will improve the overall visibility of your website and attract search engines as well.
- Add rich snippets – Implementing rich snippets often results in better CTRs as well as higher rankings. In fact, Google rewards such websites that use rich snippets.
- Include product images and videos – Add compelling images and videos while keeping page load times in mind. Your product images and videos can easily attract a huge amount of visitors.
Don’t underestimate the significance of these functional SEO tips because these elements can help to increase the visibility of your e-commerce store.
- India is home to the fastest growing ecommerce market.
- Consumers spend between $1,200 and $1,300 on online shopping per year.
- E-retail will grow by 9% in 2016.