Blogs disseminate your promotional and educational information to your audiences. Today, most business owners use them to engage the maximum number of customers and solve their problems; however, when it comes to their effectiveness and reach they often fail to extend it. To solve this problem, they need to devise a plan to improve the visibility of their blogs.
Here are a few tricks and techniques to improve the reach of your blog:
- Write substantial posts – According to a survey, longer blog posts outrank shorter. So, write substantial posts and make your content interactive. (Tip – Use images, videos, presentations, case studies and live examples in your posts.)
- Use Google Webmster tool – Use Google Webmster tool to check, measure and analyze the performance of your blog post. (Tip – Use Search analytics to monitor the pages and their rankings.)
- Organize your content – Try to create lucid and simple content. Add sufficient examples, screenshots, and in-depth illustrations to reduce the bounce rate.
- Optimize your blog posts – Use both short and long-tail keywords in your content where ever possible. (Tip – Integrate keywords that have high average monthly searches for more traffic.)
- Update older content – Always update your old posts with fresh content. This will significantly help you to improve your traffic.
- Add HTTPS to your site – Google has already announced that it will give prominence to HTTPS versions. So, use HTTPS version and enjoy the benefits.
- Improve site speed – Enable compression to reduce the overall bandwidth of your web pages.
- Use Kraken.io – This is the finest tool to optimize images. It offers an API as well a plugin to automate the image optimization process. (Tip – Use it to improve your website’s load times.)
- Make your content readable – You can make your content usable and readable by highlighting a problem and offering its solution.
So, use these techniques to improve the reach of your blog. Please share your valuable thoughts with us.
- Add images throughout the content.
- Use embedded media.
- Use CTAs.
- Reduce plugins to improve your site’s speed.
- Focus on the problem and provide relevant solutions.
- Write short sentences because they are easier to read and understand.
- More than 60% of blogs are in English. Other prominent languages include Spanish, Portuguese, and Indonesian.
- Word Press currently runs more than 66 million websites.
- 7 million people blog on blogging sites and 12 million people blog via social networks.
- 23 % of Internet time is spent on blogs and social networks.
- B2B marketers who blog gain 67% increase in lead generation over their peers.