Your website is unquestionably the most important marketing tool. If it does not perform in a desired manner or is unable to generate enough leads for your business, something is wrong. Therefore, you must try to make it more effective, functional, error free and technically potent to transform your business.
There are many ways to convert a normal website into an ideal lead generating machine. First of all, it is important to design a clean website with proper (well-defined) architecture.
A well-defined website can easily:
- Generate and nurture business leads
- Influence clients
- Increase growth
- Improve brand image
- Build trust and credibility
In fact, it is vital to devise quality content that can attract customers and generate leads for a business. For better visibility and output, you need to optimise your content for short and long-tail keywords. (Never forget, SEO can effectively drive traffic to your websites.)
- Increase relevance of your website.
- Increase authority of your site.
When it comes to lead generation, the best formula is to “offer” something to your customers at each stage. It is a proven way to gain leads and convert browsers into customers.
Some business owners rely on blogging to generate leads, which is also a great way to attract users. They invest their time and efforts to add fresh content to their websites to help their customers. Most of the time, they create a separate section “resource” on their website having whitepaper, case studies, executive guides and webinars.
- Understand the basic concept of “contextual marketing”.
- Create downloadable PDF documents for your users.
- Present market data, analysis, insights as well as findings in an easy-to-absorb format.
- Create presentations, videos and webinars.
- Create high-quality content that appeals to your audience and supports your sales process.
- Content marketing automation simplifies tasks and automates them to save you time and money.
For better leads, your website need to reach the top and for that, it must have a solid backlink profile. Therefore, you should adopt techniques to attract high quality backlinks. In order to gain good backlinks, develop useful and engaging content.
This type of content attracts customers. This will eventually improve your brand recognition as well as customer base..
- Personalise your communications with your buyers to build relationships.
- Connect with prospects to guide them to the buying cycle.
Email marketing is another way to generate leads. With the help of emails you can send your messages to thousands of customers and improve their understanding. In fact, it is the right way to grow your business and gain reputation.
- Build, optimise, and manage your email marketing list so that it aligns with your business objectives.
- Write perfect email.
- 33% of email recipients open email if they find subject line interesting.
- Personalised subject lines are 22.2% more likely to be opened.
Do not forget the key role of social media, use social media sites according to your objectives. Try to use social media icons in the header and/or footer of your web pages. Use CTAs wherever possible.
- Interact in appropriate groups regularly.
- Share your expertise and develop connections.
- Relatively long blog posts by brands garner the most social shares, so create your posts accordingly.
- Create keyword-rich posts.
- Use high-quality photos, hashtags to conduct social media marketing campaigns to attain goals.
At the same time, you also need to track your site’s rankings, traffic and conversions to know the impact of your efforts.
- You always need to implement a multi-channel marketing approach in order to stand out in crowd.
- You should always learn the latest trends, tools, and best practices to improve your lead generation tactics.
So, make your website more than a mere online brochure.