StumbleUpon is the best social bookmarking website. It allows its users to explore and rate web pages, images, presentations and videos. Online marketers use it extensively to attract a huge amount of traffic to their websites. If you are an online business owner, and not using StumbleUpon, you are missing a big opportunity.
- StumbleUpon is a great website to organise your favourite bookmarks.
- StumbleUpon was founded in November 2002.
- Since its beginning, it has crossed 20 million users.
- StumbleUpon use collaborative filtering to create virtual communities of like-minded web surfers.
Here are a few ways to use StumbleUpon to generate a great amount of traffic to your website:
- Share web pages, images, presentations and videos – StumbleUpon is the best place to create a buzz because it allows you to share web pages, images, presentations and videos.
- Spot your favourite topics and like them – If you like any topic, content or news, share it with your community. You can also share your StumbleUpon favourites through Twitter and Facebook icons.
- Create Your Profile – Complete your profile section before contacting others to follow you. Enter a detailed description of your company and live links to your website, blogs as well as other social network accounts.
- Find Friends – Use different email accounts to invite as many friends as possible. This will help you to build a strong network of friends to share your content.
- Find people of similar interest – Use topics/tags/keywords to find people of similar interest. It is the easiest way to find people on StumbleUpon.
- Follow the StumbleUpon etiquettes – You must follow the StumbleUpon etiquettes to improve the experience of your followers. One interesting thing is that you can include a personal message, up to 140 characters for your followers.
- Use StumbleUpon advertising – Bring more traffic to your website by using StumbleUpon advertising.
- Always join a community of individuals with similar tastes and interests.
- Always give your honest opinion.
- Share interesting and informative data.
- Shorten your URLs with StumbleUpon.
- Use effective tags to popularise your brand.
- Use high quality images.
- Exercise your thumbs to improve your visibility!
Did you know?
StumbleUpon is the second largest driver of social media referrals.
So, use StumbleUpon creatively to establish your brand identity and expand your network in the community. Follow the trend and become a successful marketer.