In the fast changing online business environment, knowing your competitors is a critical factor. Most of the businesses fail to achieve success, because they cannot analyze and evaluate their competitors and their activities. Therefore, to achieve unparallel online success, it is important for business owners to accurately analyze the activities of their competitors. With the help of advanced and insightful tools, it is possible to analyze and study competitors to make intelligent decisions.
Today, it is essential to analyze every perspective of your competitors to understand their-
- branding techniques,
- marketing strategies,
- skill sets,
- traffic sources, and
- other industry insights.
This will help your business to achieve competitive advantages.
Here are a few powerful tools to analyze your competitors:
- Alexa – Alexa is one of the most effective digital marketing tools that offer invaluable insights. This tool helps business owners to analyze their competitors, achieve success, make wise decisions, align marketing strategies and increase website’s traffic. In addition, this is the best tool to compare competitors’ sites.
- Google AdWords Keyword Tool – You can use this powerful tool to search for keywords and ad group ideas as well as get historical statistics. It also helps you to choose competitive bids and budgets to use for your campaigns. This is the most authentic tool for business owners.
- Internet Archive – This is a non-profit digital library, offering free universal access to books, movies and music, as well as 505 billion archived web pages. Looking at the historical data of your competitors’ websites helps you to devise an effective marketing strategy for your campaign.
- DomainTools (Whois) – This tool is helpful to get ownership info, IP address history, rank, traffic, SEO and much more. You can use it to find available domains and domains for sale.
- Open Site Explorer – This is an awesome tool for business owners. It allows them to research backlinks, find link building opportunities and discover potentially damaging links. You can compare various online stores as well as social statistics.
These powerful tools are effective enough to help you tackle the challenges. So use these tools to:
- Study your competitors’ strategies,
- enhance marketing plans,
- maximize the return on investment,
- measure your ROI,
- gain effectiveness.
- Keyword Planner is a free AdWords tool.
- Alexa provides analytical insights to benchmark, compare and optimize businesses on the web.