Today, YouTube video marketing is in high demand. More and more marketers are incorporating it in their marketing campaigns because it is the most effective way of promoting products, services or a brand. Marketers create videos of live events, “how-to” videos, tutorials, explainer videos, corporate training videos, and other types of entertaining videos to educate and inform their customers. However, when it comes to video optimization, there are multiple optimization strategies that need to be followed to get instant exposure as well as traffic.
- YouTube’s statistics at the end of 2015 claims that more than 400 hours of video was uploaded to the site per minute.
- On mobile, viewers are spending an average of 40 minutes watching content every time they open the app.
- In the US, YouTube claims greater customer base among the age group of 18-49 than any other cable network.
- 70% of YouTube traffic comes from outside the US.
- YouTube is localized in 25 countries across 43 languages.
Here are a few YouTube optimization strategies to promote a video:
- File name – Always make sure that the file and the title of the video match.
- Keywords – Include keywords in the video title and description for better exposure.
- Tags and categories – Always choose the most suitable tags and categories so that your users can find your video.
- Video title – Limit your video’s title up to 50 characters. You can use keywords to attract the maximum number of viewers.
- Video Description – Limit your video’s description up to 160 characters. Write informative and relevant description. You can also use a URL for better visibility.
- Annotations – This helps you to add interactive commentary to your videos. You can add a speech bubble, a note, a title, or just pause the video at any point of time. (Tip – You can customize annotations)
- Create channel – Creating your own channel is the best way to promote your content in an interactive way. Channels also help in establishing a brand image.
- Customize your channel page – You can customize your channels page and create your own playlist. This will attract the maximum number of viewers to your channel page.
- Social Profiles – You should provide links of your social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram). This will make your videos much more popular and encourage sharing.
- Link your video – You must place the link of your video on your main business website. This will improve your video’s views and help your customers to know more about your products or services.
If you are not using these optimizations techniques, you should use now for better traffic and visibility.