Content connects you with your customers. A content marketing program lets you educate/inform/entertain your customers on varied business-related topics.
Creating the right content for the right customers is important. However, the question is how to create the right content? Focus on:
- Comprehensive research,
Identifying Your Marketing Goals
If your business’s objective is to drive sales, you need to develop high-quality content. According to a study, around 80% of B2B marketers focus on lead generation. So, create relevant content.
In other words, your goal should be to write useful content.
Understanding Your Audience
It is important to have a customer-centric approach and for that you need to ask the following questions:
- What sort of problems users have to face?
- How do my solutions/answers address their problems?
- What topics should I cover?
- What do users (topics) search for?
- How are they accessing (reading, scanning and absorbing) content?
Understanding buyer’s journey
Identification of a buyer’s journey is quite important. Hence, try to know how much time users spends in reading your content. If bounce rate is high, re-work your content strategy.
“Valuable content bridges the gap between buyers and sellers”.
Choosing the Right Topics
Good Things Come to Those Who Plan! Without comprehensive research and planning, it is difficult to know what does exactly you customer want. Besides that, also go for brainstorming sessions.
Use BuzzSumo, Quora, Google Trends, etc. to know what is trending.
“Produce timeless content so that it continues to work for long term”.
Creating content and marketing is not enough —you must scale your content appropriately as well. According to a study, 78% of B2B marketers use website traffic to measure their content marketing results.
- Content marketing leaders experience 7.8 times more site traffic.
- 73% of major organizations hire someone to manage their content marketing strategy
- 56% of marketers believe that personalized content promotes engagement rates.
- Content marketing costs 62% less than outbound marketing.
- 88% of B2B marketers use content marketing in their marketing strategies.
- Email marketing is one of the most effective forms of content marketing.
- Create and distribute valuable content regularly.
- Write content that educates and helps customers.
- Write content according to the platforms.
- Inbound marketing combines search, social media and content marketing, so create authoritative content.
- Create content that can improve brand awareness and recognition.
So, create valuable B2B content using the above mentioned steps.